Grateful Dead Unearth Previously Unreleased Material from Abandoned Final Album
The songs come as part of a live record called 'Ready or Not'
Published Oct 09, 2019A new live album from the Grateful Dead is on its way. The collection is titled Ready or Not, and it will be available to the public November 22 via Dead.net.
None of this should come as a surprise to Deadheads, as fans are accustomed to seeing new live recordings being released fairly regularly, but there is something different about this record.
Ready or Not will feature previously unreleased live recordings with the original lineup of Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann and of course the late Jerry Garcia, who passed away in 1995. Before now, these songs were only released as studio rehearsal versions.
The announcement comes in video form via the band's archivist David Lemieux. In the video below, Lemieux elaborates on the versions included in the albums.
The nine tracks range from 1992 to 1995 and include songs that were meant to be recorded in a studio for a new album. As time would have it, Garcia passed away before the record could come to fruition.
Today we have the tracklisting of the to-be-released record, which can be seen below.
While you wait for the album to arrive, listen to "Lazy River Road" recorded live in Chapel Hill, NC, on March 25, 1993 at the bottom of the page.
Ready or Not:
1. "Liberty" – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (10/14/94)
2. "Eternity" – The Pyramid, Memphis, TN (4/2/95)
3. "Lazy River Road" – Dean Smith Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (3/25/93)
4. "Samba In The Rain" – The Omni, Atlanta, GA (3/30/95)
5. "So Many Roads" – Star Lake Amphitheatre, Burgettstown, PA (6/23/92)
6. "Way To Go Home" – Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN (6/28/92)
7. "Corrina" – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (10/14/94)
8. "Easy Answers" – Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA (9/13/93)
9. "Days Between" – Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA (12/11/94)