Led Zeppelin Reveal Last Batch of Deluxe Reissues
Published Jun 03, 2015Having already hit the high marks between Led Zeppelin I and Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin are now coming to the end of their deluxe reissue campaign. Updated and expanded editions of Presence, In Through the Out Door and Coda close out the series on July 31 via Atlantic/Swan Song.
As with the previous entries, the classic rock band's final three albums were remastered by guitarist Jimmy Page and come with a trove of previously unreleased, era-appropriate bonus cuts. The re-releases will be issued as single standalone CDs and LPs, or in bonus editions that tack on an extra disc of audio — the expanded Coda comes with two bonus platters. The vinyl editions are modelled after the original artwork, with In Through the Out Door being packaged with a replica of a "water-sensitive" insert.
"Super deluxe boxed set" editions of the albums come with the CD and vinyl editions, as well as hi-def downloads and a bound book of photographs and memorabilia.
Presence from 1976 was recorded at Munich, Germany's Musicland Studios and features tracks like "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and "Achilles Last Stand." The companion disc features four previously unreleased alternate mixes, as well as an instrumental cut called "10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod)."
In Through the Out Door was issued in 1979 and features classic rock radio staples like "Fool in the Rain" and "All My Love." The album was the last of Zeppelin's to be issued while drummer John Bonham was alive, with the skinsman having passed away the year after its release. A disc of bonus material contains rough mixes of most of the LP and presents tracks under their working titles. For instance, "The Hook" is an early version of "All My Love," while "The Epic" later turned into "Carouselambra."
The tellingly titled Coda from 1982 was the last album of original material to be released by the band. It featured eight unreleased tracks recorded between 1970 and 1978. The expanded edition adds two more discs of material, with the 15 songs including an early version of "When the Levee Breaks" called "If It Keeps on Raining," a BBC session recording of "Traveling Riverside Blues," and various other aural oddities.
You'll find a full rundown of the upcoming reissues down below and all the details of the reissue packages over here.
1. Achilles Last Stand
2. For Your Life
3. Royal Orleans
4. Nobody's Fault But Mine
5. Candy Store Rock
6. Hots On For Nowhere
7. Tea For One
1. Two Ones Are Won (Achilles Last Stand – Reference Mix)
2. For Your Life (Reference Mix)
3. 10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod)
4. Royal Orleans (Reference Mix)
5. Hots On for Nowhere (Reference Mix)
In Through the Out Door:
1. In The Evening
2. South Bound Saurez
3. Fool In The Rain
4. Hot Dog
6. All My Love
7. I'm Gonna Crawl
1. In the Evening (Rough Mix)
2. Southbound Piano (South Bound Saurez - Rough Mix)
3. Fool in the Rain (Rough Mix)
4. Hot Dog (Rough Mix)
5. The Epic (Carouselambra - Rough Mix)
6. The Hook (All My Love - Rough Mix)
7. Blot (I'm Gonna Crawl - Rough Mix)
1. We're Gonna Groove
2. Poor Tom
3. I Can't Quit You Baby
4. Walter's Walk
5. Ozone Baby
7. Bonzo's Montreux
8. Wearing And Tearing
1. We're Gonna Groove (Alternate Mix)
2. If It Keeps On Raining (When the Levee Breaks - Rough Mix)
3. Bonzo's Montreux (Mix Construction In Progress)
4. Baby Come On Home
5. Sugar Mama (Mix)
6. Poor Tom (Instrumental Mix)
7. Travelling Riverside Blues (BBC Session)
8. Hey, Hey, What Can I Do
1. Four Hands (Four Sticks - Bombay Orchestra)
2. Friends (Bombay Orchestra)
3. St. Tristan's Sword (Rough Mix)
4. Desire (The Wanton Song - Rough Mix)
5. Bring It on Home (Rough Mix)
6. Walter's Walk (Rough Mix)
7. Everybody Makes It Through (In the Light - Rough Mix)