Published Nov 16, 2020The saga of Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion continues. The former was charged with felony assault charges after allegedly shooting the latter this summer. They've both prepared entire albums since then, but only Tory's appeared to be entirely in response to the situation. Now, Megan has shared her side of the story.
Megan, who was the only one of the two to be named "Rapper of the Year" by GQ, told the magazine about her experience in the early hours of July 12.
The rapper told the magazine that she tried to leave a car heading to a party after an argument broke out. Her phone battery was dead and she was in a bikini, so she decided to get back in the car. Then, she claimed she tried to walk away a second time when Lanez started shooting at her.
"Like, I never put my hands on nobody," she said. "I barely even said anything to the man who shot me when I was walking away. We were literally like five minutes away from the house."
She went on to say that Lanez begged her and her friend not to say anything about the incident, even offering them money. A lawyer representing Lanez denied that he had offered money.
Police eventually did investigate, at which point Megan said her feet had been injured by some glass. "[At this point] I'm really scared because this is like right in the middle of all the protesting," she said, referring to the Black Lives Matter uprising that was taking place at the time. "Police are just killing everybody for no reason, and I'm thinking, 'I can't believe you even think I want to take some money. Like, you just shot me.'"
Tory Lanez, who is Canadian, was specifically charged with one count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and one count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He could face up to 23 years in prison.